Attorney Patrick Slaughter
Dedicated attorneys serving families in Knoxville and the surrounding areas
There are a lot of lawyers out there, and you might be wondering why choosing me is your best option. It’s a really good question – and one that you should ask yourself before you choose an attorney for any legal service. I’m not keen on bragging about myself, but I have a number of qualities that not only make me a good lawyer, but the right choice for a person in need.
A keen legal mind
My graduating law class had 88 people in it, and I was ranked in the #2 spot, graduating summa cum laude (or “with the highest honors,” if you’re curious about Latin). I’m also a published author. All this goes to show what I can accomplish when I put my mind to something.
An engaging speaker
Before I become an attorney, I worked as professional stage magician – and while I can’t make my legal opponents “disappear,” I’m exceptionally good at keeping an audience’s attention focused on what I am presenting. After more than 20 years in front of audiences, I’ve honed my communication skills to a tee, which means juries understand me and judges appreciate me, and these are the people you need to impress.
Willing to fight for you
I also hold a fourth degree black belt in American Karate, and a second degree black belt in Shotokan Karate-Do. I don’t back down from a challenge – in fact, I relish a good, clean fight. I’m not afraid to face off in the ring, and I’m not afraid to take on complex immigration, family law and criminal defense cases that other lawyers may deem unwinnable.
So why choose me, Patrick Slaughter, for your legal needs? Because I am good at what I do, and I can always keep these four promises:
- I will always tell you the truth about your case and your chances
- I will fight for your best interests
- I will always be prepared to present your case
- I will return every call, respond to every email, and answer every question you have, because you should always know where you stand
At the end of the day, I’m a lawyer who believes that everyone deserves a fair shot under the law. I do everything in my power to make sure you get that shot.
Help when you need it most
When you need an attorney who will stand up for your rights, I’m ready to help. Please call me, Patrick Slaughter of LaFevor & Slaughter, at 865-637-6258 or contact our Knoxville office online to schedule an appointment.
- Tennessee, 2013
- J. D., Lincoln Memorial University – Duncan School of Law, summa cum laude, 2013
- B. A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1994
Associations & memberships
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Author, “A Guide for Tennessee Criminal Defense Attorneys in Capital Sentencing Hearings: Representing Clients who were Acutely Intoxicated During the Alleged Crime and Clients with a History of Addiction,” Perspectives on Capital Punishment in America. Edited by Charles MacLean.